Nominate an Extraordinary Nurse
The DAISY Award is a nationwide program that rewards excellence in nursing. It was created by the DAISY Foundation to recognize the clinical skills, extraordinary compassion and care exhibited by nurses every day. The award is given quarterly to outstanding registered nurses in hospitals throughout the world.
DAISY Award recipients personify the remarkable patient experience at UofL Hospital¬†and at UofL Brown Cancer Center.
Eligible nurses are recognized by our patients, their families, and our staff as outstanding role models who consistently meet all of the following criteria:
- Make a special connection with the patient or their family
- Excel at educating their patients and families
- Work well with the multidisciplinary health care team
- Have a positive attitude and demonstrate professionalism in the workplace
- Job performance expemplifies the mission, vision and value of UofL Hospital and UofL Brown Cancer Center
- Model great assessment and decision-making capabilities
- Demonstrate great interpersonal skills with peers and co-workers
Patients, visitors, employees or physicians may nominate a deserving registered nurse by filling out the nomination form below.
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 2000 by the Barnes family in memory or J. Patrick Barnes, who died from complication of Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP) at the age of 33. The DAISY Foundation is dedicated to funding research to help fight diseases of the immune system, like the one that struck Patrick, and supporting ITP patients and their families. Having been touched by the remarkable care, clinical skills and compassion demonstrated by nurses during Patrick‚Äôs Illness, the Barnes family made it their missing to recognize exceptional nurses across the country.